SAP Roll-out and migration
Global organizations with SAP as their business platform, when setting up operations in India, would require their SAP system to be extended to cover Indian operations. This calls for an in-depth understanding of Indian systems, particularly those relating to business practices relevant to India, their interface with global systems, local taxation requirements etc, implementing the system and leading the organization through change.
Indian tax laws come with their own set of complexities and nuances. Hence, specialized knowledge and expertise is needed in the understanding, interpretation and configuration of these into the SAP system that blends well with the global operations of the enterprise. Enteg offers its specialized services in implementing a flaw-less roll-out in India. We,
- Understand the business processes and maps them to the Indian taxation system
- Develop an implementation roadmap that integrates the Indian operations including taxation and legal compliance with the global operations
- Implement the solution
- Provide training and makes the end users adapt to the global practices while adhering to the Indian taxation and legal practices
- Lead the enterprise through the change process and helps speedy stabilization.
Our Roll-out Offering
Enteg’s typical rollout service would involve providing Accounting compliance and Tax compliance. This would span across modules such as Finance, Materials Management, Sales and Distribution. The applicable taxes in India are TDS, Excise, VAT and CST.
In addition, the roll-out would also include implementation of India Payroll for global companies operating in India. The focus will also be on Governance, Risk, and Compliance in making companies consolidate their operations and systems for better reporting.
Enteg understands the special requirements that go into implementation of add-on functional modules in an existing SAP environment. The implementation and consulting teams adopt robust processes and methodologies to ensure that implementation and rollout of additional modules is well-managed, expeditious and cause minimum disruption to normal operations.
Our rollout methodology is based on a combination of SAP standard tools such as Solution Manager, as well as tools and templates developed in-house to accelerate the rollout process.
Rollout services include:
- Template rollout to geographies
- Process mapping country extensions
- Configuring country extensions
- Custom developments for country extensions
- Additional module roll-outs and also training and development
- Deployment through change management
The roll-outs will include overall project planning, template creation and project execution. In the planning phase, we mutually agree on and specify a joint project organization to facilitate implementation at each of the client’s site.
The roll-out is scheduled in accordance to the company’s general requirement. The available resources with the client are taken into account and gaps are filled with appropriate consultancy expertise. Gap analysis, change requests etc are taken into consideration to check for deviations from the template.
Support is scheduled right from the beginning of the project. In the template creation phase, we configure a reproducible model which contains the template transactions, functions, programs and customized settings. The Business process master list lists all the template transactions and functions and key documents for all phases of the project (gap analysis, integration test and handover to support team
Data Migration: Standardized tools and programs accelerate data transfer in every roll-out project and improve quality. Documentation of the template processes: Documentation facilitates familiarization with the new system.
Our roll-out process will:
- Enable Cross Entity Enterprise business flows.
- Implement a common compliance strategy across the globe and manage cost of compliance
- Improve supply-chain visibility across third party suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Change Management
- Allow cost containment and timeline improvement
- Platform Harmonization and Consolidation resulting in accurate transaction capture and business information provision.
- Full integration of geographically spread operations & effective enforcement of corporate decisions
We have helped several leading organizations with SAP India roll-out successfully. Some of them include: Daimler Chrysler, Reliance Capital, Apollo Health Street, Panacea Biotech Ltd. and more.